Shower not hot enough on maximum temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new flat and I have a H2O hydro powered shower. It doesnt seem to get hot enough even when the water from the tap is very hot. Any ideas? Do I need to call a plumber?

Sponsored Links
Isolate the electrics of the shower (just incase)

Take front of shower thing off that you turn to make it hotter, and there should be a little screw type thing inside, turn it up with your hands to your desired maximum temperature, than put the front back on and voila.

Sorry if it's not explained well, tired, going to bed.. night night.

Tried that and it didnt work, the maximum position for hot was still the same. Any other ideas?

I believe this is a shower that takes cold water from the mains with hot water from your cylinder (not electric). Maybe you can slow the flow from the cold mains - by fitting an isolation valve on the pipe and turning the screw to lessen the flow.

Sponsored Links
Goldspoon, it is exactly that type of shower. I turned the cold water flow pipe to virtually off and it didnt make it any better, infact I think it was worse. I've turned the thermostat up on my immersion tank now to see if that helps but I'm not convinced.

Ha ha, yeh that was a worry of mine! I didnt want to have to pay for a plumber to tell me that without investigating it myself. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back