shower pipe problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all. Really need your advice.

Just moved into a house and i now want to add a shower in our bathroom. We have a combi so i want to install a thermostatic one. Are there any available where i can surface mount the hot and cold supply. Bathroom has been recently tiled but i know i can bring the supply from straight above.

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
You can fit any exposed type suitable for a combi (Mira, Bristan,Deva,etc ) Run the pipes to the chrome inlets in chrome covered copper or stainless, it looks neater, you will need compression couplingsat the top joints. Regards chrisey

budget is £150 ish.

Chrisey - can you give me some models to check out

thanks

PS: does the main unit just screw to the tiles??

Sponsored Links
this is one i did the other day for a customer.
exposed chrome pipes.
shower was purchased from wickes but was non-thermostatic. Pressure was decent, straight off a combi....

DSC00010.jpg

Grohe are on offer at Plumb Center I believe, but your budget is in the DIY store region. If you could stretch it a bit go for Mira, Aqualisa, Grohe etc and make sure it is suitable for a combi or mains pressure.

Also bear in mind that a good name make in say B&Q will probably not be the same 'quality' as the same make in a plumbers merchants.

Dynomo: exactly what i'm looking for. Can i get something similar but also thermostatic. What holds it to the wall - i imagine the back of the valve assembly comes off and allows you to screw it into the tiles.

daveDells said:
Dynomo: exactly what i'm looking for. Can i get something similar but also thermostatic. What holds it to the wall - i imagine the back of the valve assembly comes off and allows you to screw it into the tiles.

there is a backplate which screws to the wall and then the valve assembly which locks onto the plate. It's as simple as that. The customer I did this for had a budget of £100, wanted a standard shower and nothing fancy. Wickes were doing 2 versions of this, a manual mixer and thermostatic, but this was going back a few weeks, not sure what the score is now as their website isn't as concise as I thought it would be.

Have a look at this, comes just under your budget and comes with concealed and exposed fittings.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=A434849&ts=18366&id=59720

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back