Shower plumbing dilemma. Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m trying to sort the rail shower head wall outlet behind cement board before the tiler comes in and it’s doing my head in.

I’ve got a wall plate 1/2” bsp outlet that I’ll screw to the wall behind cement boards. It’s not long enough to come through cement board (12mm) and tile (8-10mm) plus whatever thickness of adhesive is used.
So I bought some extension pieces, but as I don’t know exactly where the finished tile face will be, I’ll need to attach the right extension piece after.
But how do I join it to the tap outlet without it leaking cos the join will be in the wall.
The extension piece has an Allen hex in, so physically tightening it is no problem. It’s the leaking bit that concerns me.
Many thanks.
4617BC29-B1AB-4409-8C64-F94B5397073E.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Just use PTFE tape, it won't be under any real pressure on a shower outlet.

Thanks. I had a feeling I might be over thinking it a bit.

Should I try and bring the tap outlet as far through the cement board and tiles as I can? The actual shower fitting has quite a long thread on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back