Shower pressure probs...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from my post yesterday...

... as it appears the cold mains pressure is too much for my new Bristan Colonial sequential thermostatic shower (and as I really dont want to put a tank in the loft even though I understand this would help solve the problem) I am wondering if either of these ideas would help solve the problem.

To recap the shower simply turns on and only has hot/cold on the dial - the cold pressure seems so much higher that it completely overwhelms the hot water (which is reaching the shower as the hot pipe coming from the wall is hot). So much water comes out the shower tray fills up VERY quickly but the tray does drain - there is no blockage etc.

I have seen pressure reducing valves mentioned - where would this have to be sited and how would it affect things like the boiler etc?

Would a dual control shower valve - whereby I can theoretically control the flow rate - solve this problem. If so should I get a thermostatic or non-thermostatic valve?

If I am talking out of my backside please forgive me - I'm just trying to fathom out the less messy way of solving this problem.

Xheidi

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back