Shower Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

I have recently had a Bristan Fusion thermostatic bar shower fitted, but I am having trouble using it.I think I know what the problem might be, but I thought I would seek your expert advice first.

The problem I have is the water from the shower will only come out real hot or real cold.The feeds to the shower are from the cwst and the hwc.

Looking at the shower bar from the bathroom the on and off is on the left and hot and cold on the right.On checking the pipework leading from the pump to the shower it appears that the feed from the hwc has been connected to the right hand side ( hot and cold) of the shower and the cold supply has been connected to the left hand side (on and off)

Is this correct or is it the wrong way round as the fitting instructions suggest?

If it is wrong I assume it would just mean altering the pipework from the pump into their correct connections?

If so could this be achieved with pushfit fittings?

Any help would be most welcome

Sponsored Links
If the instructions say hot on the left, then put it on the left! A thermostatic shower piped back to front runs much like my van. fubard! :cry:

pkmjm said:
Is this correct or is it the wrong way round as the fitting instructions suggest?
Wrong way around.

If it is wrong I assume it would just mean altering the pipework from the pump into their correct connections?
Yes.

If so could this be achieved with pushfit fittings?
Yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back