shower problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Sorry about the noobness of the question, but thats coz i am :D went to go for a shower the other day and the water was coming from around/inside the shower?? took the cover off and checked the hose was attached correctly, and it was. Swithced the shower on again(this time with the cover off) and its gushing out the white plastic tube thats at 90deg to the tube which connects to the hose. Sorry if the descriptions a bit vague. If you look at the pic, its the piece of the tube that looks like its going into the tiles....just above where the tube attaches to the hose.

Is the shower past repair, or do i just need a replacememt part??

IMGP0519.jpg

Sponsored Links
more than likeky the plastic housing has fractured or..whats the make and model.

that looks like a Gainsborough shower you have.
and its the PRD thats failed.
and is replaceable.

Thanks for the replies guys. The wife is desperate for a shower, so im getting loads of grief :LOL:
Yeah it is a gainsborough. what is the PRD? and where can i get one?

thanks again!

Sponsored Links
look up the shower doc on the net.
need to know what model it is.

the prd is a safety device if the outlet pressure builds up it will blow.
useally a kinked hose or a blocked shower head.
make sure its all done or when you refit the new prd it will just blow again.

Can't see the model number? There are part numbers etc on the casing but can't seem to find the model no!!! Can you tell me where I can get the PRD please
Cheers

as said befor try shower doc.
gainsborough showers post 2004 use two types of outlet pipe
long, short.
what part no have you got on the casing ?

It has product type 201-00630
Serial number 201-006301412A1325210
Product type 230v
Ipex4

That is all the info that i can see on the casing.

cheers seco!

that model number comes up with a range of showers not exact one.
maybe easier to measure your outlet pipe as their is only two different lengths and give them a ring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back