Shower pulsing - problem resolved

Sponsored Links
did you do the correct filling sequence as per the pump instructions? if so you could put Auto air vents as mentioned on the out let pipes at the highest point just before they drop back down to shower mixer? Also does the instructions say any thing about the Non return valves ie they should not be fitted on the in-let or outlet side of the pump?

if non of these work but was working before im a little stumped without looking at the lay out ie conection to hot water cylinder, cold water connection, static head, pump pressure ect ect.

what was the reason for draining down the pump and such? did you fit a new bathroom or cylinder? did you put pump on correctly ie hot to hot?

Couple of things you can check. Hold a glass of water under the expansion pipe that goes into your cold water tank. Run the shower and pump to see if the water is syphoned out of the glass. If so then you will have to improve your hot water connection to your hot water cylinder. Also check that your shower hose is not kinked inside and the rose is not clogged up with limescale. :p

First of all can i say thanks to all who took the time to try and help me with this

I thought i would come and post the resolution to my problem as i have been able to find this same problem all over the net and nobody has posted how they finally sorted the problem out so i thought i would and lets hope the next person who has it finds this a whole lot quicker than i did.

The problem turned out to be that the water pressure was too great for the shower head even though the head was new it just did not have the ability to deal with the water so in a nutshell the water from the hot side was pushing into the shower controller not being able to get out of the shower head so was pushing back up the cold water inlet and making the shower flow stop.

Simple solution fit a snower head designed to take greater flow (be carefull as the head i bought previously said it was able to take up to 5 bar when it clearly could not)

Steve

Sponsored Links
Just wanted to send a thank you to Steve1978 as I had exactly same issue with a bar shower c/w diverter for fixed shower head and movable separate head.

the problem only occurred with the movable separate head when at a height above the bar shower.

Disconnecting the shower head made the problem go away.

Solution by using the previous Mira shower head instead if supplied unit with bar shower.

a difference in the bore size of the 2 shower heads could be seen.

Cheers.

Thanks to this thread, I've resolved a similar issue. It was the shower hose!

The increased pressure was ballooning the shape of the plastic outer pipe near the head in such a way that it created a constriction elsewhere in the pipe, which eventually blocked the hose until the pump turned off, and repeat..

I would never have noticed if I'd not taken the head off instead of leaving it in the normal position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back