Shower Pump does not turn on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, yesterday for the first time my shower pump has stopped responding to the water being turned on. I've made sure that it's switched on at the mains, I've replaced the fuse, but it just doesn't turn on when I turn the water on.

I don't know what the make or model is, i can't find any writing on it at all, but have taken a picture of it if that helps. Can anyone give me some probable causes of this happening?

Picture:

Sponsored Links
Have you made sure the pump has got power going to it, ie is the cable going to the pump live. If not then your fuse spur could need swapping.

If power ok then check filters. If you can isolate water supply to the pump then remove the hose on the outlet and then turn water on and see if it flows through pump(use a bucket to catch water).

Failing this then I wouldnt waste time trying to fix it, probably cheaper in the long run replacing the whole pump!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back