Shower Pump Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got a hot water tank with a pump that supplies a mixure shower. The system did work properly at one point but has gradually got worse whereby the pump started to cut in and out during the shower and now doesn't kick in at all when using the shower with water coming from overhead.

If I turn the hot tap on then it activates the pump and I can use the shower with the tap running. Also if I take the hand held shower head and put it on the floor of the shower tray and turn it on then the pump starts to pulse. It's as if the extra height to the shower head is causing the pump not to kick in.

The shower was recently changed as the old one had a leak and has made no difference. Does anyone know if it would be worth swapping the pump or if there's a way to adjust the sensitivity of them?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back