shower pump feed question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok - let me start by being clear - my plumbing knowledge is non existent, but I would like to think I have a very simple question. I have a 2 storey house. HW tank upstairs. Bathroom downstairs with a pump in adjacent cupboard. Pump currently fed by 15mm H and C. I have a Stuart Turner pump in the garage with 22mm inlet/output. I have bought 4 speed fit connections that are 15mm one side and 22mm the other, allowing me to effectively connect the pump hoses to a 15mm feed. I know before I am told this is not ideal. All i am trying to do is increase the power of our shower without having to change the pipework to 22mm - it would be very very expensive based on the route of the pipes. So, I know it is not ideal, but is there any major problems with me doing this and will I get the extra power that I so very much want!!. The pump is a stuart turner monsoon 3 bar twin. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Nope, if the current feed are 15mm then a 3Bar ST pump could easily overdraw that pipework and that can lead to damaging the pump.

Needs to be 22mm supplies from the cylinder/cistern to the pump I'm afraid.

Sponsored Links
As above, under-supplying the pump could lead to overheating and premature breakdown

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back