Shower pump in loft or airing cupboard??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an existing gravity fed shower in the en-suite and i'm fitting another shower in the main bathroom above the bath.
I was hoping to use existing shower hot and cold feeds in the loft, and feed them into a pump. From the pump i would T-off to each shower.

Is this possible????

I think pumps are recomended to be next to the H/W cylinder, but is it ok to fit one in the loft. It would make the pipework easyer and leave me with better access for the cylinder/heating pump etc.

In the loft the tanks are raised 12" above the joists on a platform. :rolleyes:

Finally, what pump should i go for, 2.0 bar?? Any recomendations???

Thanks for any advive :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
OK............... does anyone know the website for Mira showers as i cannot find it?

different pumps for different jobs. A bit of investigation required on your part.

Sponsored Links
Would I recommend fitting a pump in the worse posible position :eek: :eek:

Diyers do and then come on here and ask why it don't work or last 5mins.

Follow the manufacturers guide lines or don't fit one. :idea:

Thanks

Does that mean if i get the right pump i should be ok to fit it in the loft?

Are my local DIY shops or plumbers merchants likely to have these pumps.

Thanks for replying, i'm just a bit stuck.

Super ****ing duper :LOL: try Stuart Turner pumps website and advice from them ....gets what you pays for with their pumps ;)

Read the instructions with the pump carefully. Many shower pumps are NOT recommended in lofts where they may be liable to freezing...

Because you have such a low suction head most manufacturers would not honour their g'tees in case of failure if you put it in the loft as described, but it's your money :confused: .

Follow MIs and get the pump as low as possible, with piping that excludes air entrainment or airlocks. As said before, you get what you pay for, though an expensive pump can be rendered useless in a matter of weeks by a poor installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back