which shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all need to fit a shower pump to excisting mixer shower. the tank is in the loft just above joist height with the cylinder directly below, pipework runs along loft joists down to the shower. I am looking at putting shower in the cuboard next to cylinder and going back up to loft and reconnecting to shower pipework my problem is after speaking to salamander they recomend a negative head shower at £440 and say that a positive shower probably wont work I have not had a problem with the few shower pumps I have fitted in the past but have got me doubting myself now as to wether this will now work, have spoken to aqualisa who recommend a standard shower pump they also recommend not using flange into cylinder and opt for teeing off hot water pipework any advice appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
If the position of the shower head or any up & over pipe work feeding the shower is less than 600mm from the bottom of the cws tank, you are potentially in a negative head situation, the pump may not kick in & out correctly & it could air lock. Take Salamanders advice & fit a negative head pump or you could be posting back in a few weeks time asking why your shower doesn’t work properly; have a look back in the archive posts where there are many such instances. You should also fit air vents at the top of up & over feed loops or the pump will air lock.

You can tee off the HW pipe at 45 degrees where it comes out of the top of the hws cylinder but it’s far from ideal & a flange is always preferred; most pump manufacturers seem to prefer an Essex flange. IMO Aqualisa have given you poor advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back