shower pump on/off switch

pld

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have had a shower pump (showermate 1.8 bar) installed a couple of days ago. Originally, I was planning to have the pump to provide higher pressure only to shower however the plumber said it would be to complicated in my case due to the pipes position...

Anyway, now the pump is pumping everthing in the bathroom wc, sink, and bath (with shower mixer). This is really annoying because of the noise it makes and I don't need the extra pressure in the rest of the bathroom.
I was wandering if I can have a switch(on/off) for the pump so that I only switch it on when I need to take a shower? Will it damage the pump if it's off the rest of the time? Will the water go through the pump without a problem if it's switched off?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
pld said:
Will it damage the pump if it's off the rest of the time?
No.

Will the water go through the pump without a problem if it's switched off?
Not as well as if it didn't go through the pump. It might only be dribble, but you might be lucky.

Why not just try it? If you unclip the flow switch from the pipework then the pump won't start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back