Shower Pump Placement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to fit a positive power shower pump. Is the placement important ? ie Is there any problems in running it from under the bath from spurs of the hot/cold and using the existing wiring from the previous electrical shower.

The reason I ask is I keep reading that it should be as close to the hot water tank in the airing cupboard

Many thanks
actnow061260 :?:

Sponsored Links
Placement is important - the reason that the best spot is at the foot of the cylinder is because that site gives the shortest run of pump inlet pipework, and therefore the lowest risk of underrun and cavitation.

If you place it under the bath, using "spurs of the hot/cold", then you might be using 15mm pipework for the inlets, which is not a good idea.

Whether or not you can use the "existing wiring from the previous electrical shower" depends on what that wiring is, and you haven't described that yet.

Hi sorry to be so ignorant what is cavitation? I think I can guess but I should not be guessing here lol. Cavitation only occurs if there is a lack of pressure would that be right?

Wiring = Heavy duty wiring and runs straight from the fuse box to the shower switch and then to the shower. Marked up on the fuse box as Shower from the previous unit. Power in/power out/earth

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back