shower pump problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a shower pump (salamander) about 4 month ago and now it keeps running after the showers switched off, there's no leaks so i disconnected the hoses to the pump and found there was a washer missing :eek: Is it possible for the pump to have sucked the washer out ? P.S. it has never leaked at the pump so i'm assuming the washer had been fitted properly.

Sponsored Links
I fitted a shower pump (salamander) about 4 month ago
Which Salamander pump did you fit, positive or negative head?
and now it keeps running after the showers switched off,
Has it been working OK up to now?
there's no leaks so i disconnected the hoses to the pump and found there was a washer missing :eek: Is it possible for the pump to have sucked the washer out ? P.S. it has never leaked at the pump so i'm assuming the washer had been fitted properly.
Extremely unlikely the sealing washer would get sucked up if it did, then it would definitely leak; it is possible that the hose fitting will seal against the plastic pump boss without a sealing washer but it will usually leak. Who fitted the pump? Are you sure the washer was fitted I the first place? Are you sure it didn’t fall out as it was being fitted or when you removed the hose?

Sponsored Links
Its a RHP 75 (not sure if its poss or neg head) I phoned salamander and this was the pump they recommended for the job.

Yes its worked no problem for 4 months.

I fitted it myself, at first i thought i must have dropped the washer when i disconnected the hoses to flush out the pump, but I've searched high and low and cant find it. It sits in my cylinder cupboard and its bone dry so it deffo hasn't been leaking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back