shower pump problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,how can you check a triton shower pump,old shower would not heat up,as it was 10yrs old,replaced it with new one,upon commissioning,can only get a small trickle of water,but have noticed that the pump does not seem to be kicking in when i turn the shower on,any help would be much appreciated, cheers danfarrell

Sponsored Links
Are you refering to a triton electric shower (9kW ish), or do they do a power shower, which utilises a pump and water from a tank supply.

hello mick,the shower is a triton passion 8.5kw,it is gravity fed from the tank,fitted the pump about 8yrs ago,my old shower just started going cold,so i thought i would fit a new one,as upon inspection i found the old cover was seriously split,but cannot get the flow to commission it properly,but as stated before,i cant even hear the pump kicking in
cheers danfarrell

Sponsored Links
hi there,how would i check the pumps filter,and find out if there is an air lock in the system,i have checked the flow from the tank to the pump and that seems to be fine. cheers danfarrell

remove the flexi hoses and the filters are in the ends.

when you changed the shower why didn't you fit one of the triton showers with its own inbuilt pump they are better than a seperate pumped and electric shower.

hello again,to be honest, the shower we had was a triton t80si,which was fitted along with the triton pump by the local council,when i was looking after my mother,who had a few problems,that was 9yrs ago,so i just changed the shower thinking that would solve my problem,if i changed it to a pumped shower,would i have to do away with the pump thats there,and joint the hoses cheers danfarrell

yes get rid of that pump and just have a straight feed from the cws to
the shower.

helo again,forgot to tell you that,there is also a whale pump,with a flow switch,as it is a walk in shower,as my mother needed a wheel chair,so i think that we need to keep the pump as the flow indicator is fitted on the outlet side of the pump,thanks again cheers danfarrell

hello there,its not supplying anything,its for drainage from the walk in shower,as the shower base is at floor level, cheers danfarrell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back