Shower Pump Screaming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a twin impeller pump fitted in the airing cupboard which has started to play up. The water varies hot & cold, there is a screaming noise and the pressure drops. This isn't when another tap is turned on. A Surrey Flange was suggested and this was fitted but the problem continued. A new pump has been fitted as it was thought the bearings had gone on the old one. However, the problem continues! I have turned down the flow regulator to low as it was suggested that the water demand was too high but his hasn't helped.

It has been suggested that the cold water tank should be raised next.

We have a NewTeam Duraspeed pump and a nominal 40gal tank (reality 25gal) size cold watertank. The pump is next to the hot water cylinder and around 6ft below the cold water tank. The pump pushes the water up into the loft across around 6feet and then down to the shower cubicle.

Any advice appreciated as this problem has been going on for months.

Sponsored Links
You`ve used up the 25 gals. faster than the main can replenish :confused: :idea: Look in roof at tank while shower runs

Sorry to say but those pumps are crap. Better with a Stuart Turner 1.8 bar showermate at least . also bad idea to run up to attic & back down . Also what temps the hot water. I wont fit a pump that cheap so i dont now what the minimum requirements on instalation but most insist on 55 0c max hot inlet temp.dedicated supply & lowlevel self venting pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back