Shower pump that can pull the water?? anyone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to fit a shower pump and new shower valve on my vented system , the old valve is fed through a cupboard that backs on to the valve , the cylinder cupboard is a bit away from the bathroom ,I know the pump should be fitted at the cylinder so the pump pushes the water to the valve , if I fit it in the cupboard it will be pulling it from the cylinder, would this work as good or is there a specific pump I would have to use ? anyone any thoughts on this ?

Sponsored Links
if I fit it in the cupboard it will be pulling it from the cylinder, would this work as good or is there a specific pump I would have to use ? anyone any thoughts on this ?

No shower pump pulls water
providing the pumps not starved of water supply shouldn't be an issue.

contact either stuart turner or salamanda tech help line and they will advise you which pump you need. Some have pressure vessels attached, which may be what you need. I think that all pumps push and pull, cos they course a pressure differential, any way that is not that relevent, what may happen in a badly planned instilation with the wrong pump etc is that there may not be enough flow rate to turn the pump on, via the flow switch.

Call them then you get the correct pump, they are expensive after all so you want the correct one.

Sponsored Links
Some have pressure vessels attached, which may be what you need. I think that all pumps push and pull, cos they course a pressure differential, any way that is not that relevent, what may happen in a badly planned instilation with the wrong pump etc is that there may not be enough flow rate to turn the pump on, via the flow switch.
That’s just to ensure the pump switches in negative head situations; it won’t make a pump any more of a sucker. The impeller design of conventional shower pumps means they aren’t good at sucking & it can lead to all sorts of problems which can ultimately ruin the pump & they won’t honor the warranty as an OP on here recently found out. Manufacturers place restrictions on the max length of infeeds to the pump, Salamander for example is 5m for 22mm feed & just 2m for 15mm feed. You either need to find a pump that is good at pushing or move the pump nearer the H/C water supplies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back