shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i installed a shower pump in the attic but cant get the hot water to work at the shower i take it its cause its abover the hot water tank is there a way to pump the water to the shower pump?

Sponsored Links
Ian,

Where is the shower and what type of pump did you intall.

Sounds like you should have a Negative Head Pump.

Also, usually if the pump is above the cylinder you need to fit and anti-gravity loop in the airing cupboard and bleed vents at the highest point on the supply pipework.

Piccies would be good.

Rico

You can mount the pump above the hws cylinder but it has to be a negative head unit & fitted with an anti gravity loop as Rico99 says. Vents are required on up & over loops but these are usually on the pumped side, you shouldn’t have inverted loops on the supply side; the pumped hws should also have a non return valve fitted.

What is the distance from the bottom of the cws tank to the pump? Even if you have a negative head pump installed, it still has to be installed BELOW the CWS tank.

Is the pump just on the hws or do you have pumped cold as well?

thanks for your answers i will find out the make and see if i can get pics
and it pumps both hot and cold but cold is working fine
thanks

Sponsored Links
The pumped cws usually will work OK as the feed to the pump is usually direct. As well as the photos, give the measurements from the bottom of the cws tank as well; this applies to the pump, any pipe work from the pump to mixer & to the shower head itself. The proximity of any pipe work, feed or supply, will affect the head! Also tell us what size pipe work you have & where & what type of isolator valves are fitted.

what is an anti gravity loop, can someone show me a pic of this please?

eh, i was not hijacking it, i was simply asking advise on the same subject !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eh, i was not hijacking it, i was simply asking advise on the same subject !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's someone else’s thread & your hi-jacking it; read the Forum rules. :rolleyes:

Oh & I’ll thank myself for posting the link then! :evil:

define hijacking the thread, the question i asked helps the person who made the topic, its not like i brought up a new subject, get a life

define hijacking the thread, the question i asked helps the person who made the topic, its not like i brought up a new subject, get a life
Read the rules you numpty,
//www.diynot.com/forums/rules.php

here it is specifically;
Rule 6) Do not hi-jack posts. Hi-jacking is adding your query to somebody else's thread.

How in hell does your question help the OP :?: All it does is confuse those of us who are trying to help him; is it so difficult to create your own post. :rolleyes:

it helps him because if he needs to install an anti gravity loop, he might want to c one and know what it is, and believe it or not, i registered with this site to help people the best i can, not to confuse people

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back