shower pumps

tvt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my pals house was built 20 years ago with two bathrooms one ensuite,
inthe main bathroom she has had a shower pump fitted, and wants to
fit another one to the ensuite shower. the problem is the cold water feed to the showers come from a tank in the attic the toilets are fed from mains
water, the tank in the attic is not very big (std black plastic say 2 foot square) the boiler is not a combi but an old appollo with hot water storage tank. i think the system would not take a additional pump, particularly if both were working at the same time. please your thoughts or comments would be welcome, and as an after thought it has restricted access to fit a larger water tank in the attic. many thanks everyone.

Sponsored Links
You're right, you've hit one of the problems - store size is too small.
There are so many other problems , that it isn't possible to give a single recommendation (though there are those who like to try).

If you want a lot of hot water at high pressure, it depends on
space/layout of property
mains pressure and flow
existing boiler/system (your boiler is "past it"!)
budget

If you have lots of space and lots of money you can overcome a poor mains supply, otherwise you may have to rely on it.

hey thanks for the reply, its just as i thought but reassuring that you have the same opinnion, as the mains pressure is good, and would be easy to tee off for a mains supply, i have reccomended installing an electric shower, she won't but ah well never mind

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back