Shower Question - Mains cold, tank fed hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I live in a 1946 ex-council property with an extension to the rear. We are looking to fit 2 new showers.

Shower 1: Upstairs - tank fed hot and cold feed from header tank - seems straightforward with a twin booster pump and thermostatic mixer

Shower 2: Now it gets complicated, downstairs in the extension, tank fed hot and mains cold? Plumbing in a cold feed from tank in loft is a no no.....

So, do I fit a whole house hot water booster pump and fit the 2 mixers with the mains cold feed, or do I fit 2 separate shower boosters, one twin booster for the upstairs shower and one single booster for the hot downstairs. Would the thermostatic mixer downstairs (pumped hot, mains cold) cope with a flushed toilet?

HELP!!

Thanks in Advance

Ross

Sponsored Links
You don't want the toilets pumped because when someone uses the toilet at 2am the noise of the pump will wake everyone up.

Andy

Bite the bullet and run a dedicated cold feed from the loft tank to the downstairs shower or try a venturi shower.

Sponsored Links
OK, I have looked a the trevi boost venturi and this looks great, and could be the solution. Thanks guys.

Will it be OK to run it off the downstairs utility hot supply? It says in the pdf that it needs to be the first hot supply, but there is no way I can plumb in a new hot (or cold) feed to the downstairs?

Thanks

Ross

Have you had a look at the Aqualisa digital showers, with one of these you only need the 1 pipe to the shower and all you would have to do is to find a way of getting the data cable from your shower room to the pump which would take the hot supply from your hot tank and the cold from the cold tank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back