Shower tiling after mold - advice please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

At the moment I'm in rented accommodation, and there is mold and damp walls in the shower room because the mastic has come off the tiling and water has gone through.

The landlord is arranging for someone to come and fix this, but he's not friendly or approachable.....so I'm hoping for a bit of quick advice here.

How long before the tradesmen come to fix this should we be not using the shower, to allow any drying out on/in the wall/behind the tiles?

The shower room has no windows, but does have an extractor fan.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ade

Sponsored Links
Without actually seeing the problem it's difficult to advise on,I'm sure that your landlord is only after a quick fix anyway.

If water has got behind the tiles then it would probably need pulling out and replacing.

My niece is in rented accomodation at the mo and the level of the workmanship is absolute cack so I wouldn't pin my hopes on the "tradesman" coming to fix it.

Hi,

Water has definitely got behind the tiles, and the obvious damage has spread to the wall next to the shower unit as well. What I really want to know - so we play our part in this - is how long before they come to do the repairs should we stop using the shower, to allow for any drying out?

Thanks,

Ade

Sponsored Links
If it was my shower I'd stop using it immediately to prevent any further damage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back