Shower tray height riser kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking to fit a shower tray with a riser kit, does anyone have any experience with them?

I'm installing a 900x900mm quadrant 40mm 30 kg stone tray, but there is a water pipe on the floor where the shower should go, so it needs to be raised.

It would be much more sturdy to go down the route of using a marine plywood base on top of 47mmx100mm secured with mortar, but the riser kit seems like a more simple solution.

The riser kit would have the benefit of being able to easily inspect for leaks, and correct them. If it's secured by wood, marine plywood & mortar it would be a much more difficult to correct potential problems.

Was thinking of using one of the following products:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/c7h/MX-Group-5017706774109-Panel-Riser-Quadrant-Offset/B007NIW1ZE

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Riser-Kit-plinth-leg-for-quadrant-shower-enclosure-tray-W-/300763322635

Anyone used them before that can recommend a decent one?

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
There should be a riser kit that matches your tray, that would be the recommended kit to use, give the manufacturer a call. Riser kits are certainly a viable option, just have the legs placed in the correct position to spread the load properly, have it on a very level base and fix it firmly to the joining walls for lateral support.

Personally though I'd raise it on 4x2 batons, placed to allow the waste pipework to be run and avoiding your supply pipe, top with a good quality 18mm WBP/marine plywood and then fix the tray to that. A cement base isn't required these days IMO as there are a large number of suitable synthetic mastics/adhesives that can be used.

Gripfill, pink grip, sticks like sh1t, wetgrab, good quality silicones etc they're all usable to bed a shower tray in on a flat surface, you just use enough so you can level the tray off properly on all sides and any bottom surfaces that touch.

Sponsored Links
When I removed the shower tray it was already supported by 2x4s

Considering the option of using the 18mm WBP/marine plywood, your from south lankarshire, I live in glasgow, where do you get yours from?

See pics of current situation

View media item 99207
View media item 99206

I source mine from TP (Travis Perkins). It's not cheap but it's worth it IMO. Just make sure it's clearly & correctly stamped. Get it from a long established supplier and all should be ok.

That framing's fine, just needs altered a little to take the pipework and then the ply sits on top.

I source mine from TP (Travis Perkins). It's not cheap but it's worth it IMO. Just make sure it's clearly & correctly stamped. Get it from a long established supplier and all should be ok.

That framing's fine, just needs altered a little to take the pipework and then the ply sits on top.

https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/Marine-Plywood-2440mm-x-1220mm-x-18mm-Bs1088/p/115908

is that the kind you are talking about?

I only need a small piece for a 900mm x 900mm quadrant tray, if you had some spare maybe I could buy it from you?

Unfortunately not @ort67, it doesn't tend to hang around for long. I do appreciate it is very expensive though. You could alway get a 5.5mm sheet and then self laminate to the base

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back