shower tray.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just removed old shower tray which was on a built up base, in order to get at waste outlet I would imagine.

I would rather put new tray directly onto floorboards, however I would then find it difficult impossible to access waste pipe.

Is this a big deal , my main worry is blocked waste, could it be cleared with various products in diy shops?

Sponsored Links
You can get shower wastes that unscrew out so that they can be cleaned of hair etc.
Fit one of these and you should be okay given the nature of what waste is being drained. :)

Bahco, can you elaborate as I'm pondering over same thing. All shower wastes unscrew so failing to see you suggestion. My concern is no longer having access to waste (without removing 'flat to floor' shower tray) once installed. Thanks.

Sorry could have put it a bit better :oops:

The waste I referred to is one that you unscrew from the top and lift out.
Any hairs can then be removed and it popped back in.It only unscrews about 1/4 of a turn:cool:

Sponsored Links
Thanks bahco, didn't know they did those, will go look for one.

Why not get a stone tray with legs and panels, no access problems from any angle, dont let anyone say they dont make them cause they do, I use them, still use the waste with top access as BAHCO said.

I won't even try to repeat your name :!: but thanks for info.
Reason for thinking of going to a 'flat floor' tray is mainly because the rasied plastic thing I have which is past its sell by date has always creaked and groaned and it would also give me another few inches of head (steady !) on my gravity fed shower. Any sources for the stones on legs you mentioned ?

bathjobby said:
I won't even try to repeat your name :!:

you can always copy and paste it (much easier)

ctrl + C and ctrl + V

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN

yes I know breezer. didn't you see my tongue in my cheek ! (rhetorical).

excellent, a waste that comes out. Right PENDA THINGY if I go for another raised one where do I get the stone one with legs?

And if the waste screws out , do I need bother with another raised tray?

Thanks for all info.

Get mine from Travis Perkins, but Plumb Center can get them as well, some places tell porkys and say you cant get stone resin ones on legs, ignore them. ;) Beauty of riser trays apart from easier installation is you can get panels to finish off with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back