Shower waste installation question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently installing an ensuite, just have a slight problem with the shower waste positioning. The tray can only go in this position and the hole for the 40mm shower waste is positioned through the centre of the joist.

I bought a 90mm mcalpine trap for the tray which has a 45 deg offset but I can't quite manage to get everything to align.

I was going to try two 90 deg bends but read this is not good practice.

Any tips. Thanks

Attachments

• 20211231_122922.jpg
    20211231_122922.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 105
Sponsored Links
Is it possible to swap the tray for one that has the drain in a different position?

Your work looks super neat , dare I say over accurate.
I’d suggest opening the hole in the joist that the waste pipe exits to give you more side to side movement.
Also those traps have a removable inner flange which should give you some peace of mind if you do have to use 2 90’s.

Sponsored Links
Here's my update, is this acceptable ? Would this work ? I'm fairly sure I've got sufficient fall on the pipe,

Thanks

Attachments

• 20220103_095849.jpg
    20220103_095849.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 83

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back