Shower waste pipe run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have just removed my bath with shower over with the intention of fitting a shower tray. As the floor is solid concrete I bought a tray which is raised on legs. However, with the tray sitting at its maximum height and a standard shallow trap fitted, the waste pipe now has a very slight increase before it joins with the waste from the hand basin (at which point it goes to the soil pipe).

Basically my question is will I get away with this (I would accept a little bit of water in the shower tray...) or will it cause the tray to overflow? I know it's going uphill but its only by a couple of milimetres and the pipe is only 18 inches long before it joins with the basin waste.

If not, is there an alternative trap (shallower) that I can use, or anything else I might be able to do without resorting to the last resort of building a platform to sit the tray on?

Any help/advice will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help. The trap you have suggested was very similar to the one I had but the other one in screwfix with the 19mm seal seems like it might work ok.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back