Shower what is this called where do I get a new one.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A fault on my shower brought the ceiling down. Water seeped out between the shower controller and the bit that the hose connects to. Because show leak this caused a lot of damage as went unnoticed for a long time. I thought all cured but yesterday while daughter was taking a shower I heard the tone change and seems all leaking again.

However when I tried to buy new one from B&Q seems they don't do this bit on it's own. And when I went to remove it the whole thing fell into five pieces. Two O rings, Two rings of plastic, and main lump. It seems to have a bayonet system to hold all the bits together.

This shows the disassembled items
With some care it could be seen how it should be reassembled and I have done this using some card broad stuffed in holes so can't disassemble it's self again.
However I don't trust it and would like to renew. What is it called and where do I get them please?

Sponsored Links
That looks just like the wall outlet elbow for a Gainsborough shower I recently scrapped.

IIRC there's another component to complete the assembly, a plastic moulding with a toothed gripper ring that fits over the pipe emerging from the wall, anchoring it in place. It has a central boss that fits the recess in the back of the elbow, clamping against the 'O' ring carrier when the fixing screws are fitted. In effect, the plastic 'spider' that holds the components together before fitting is redundant once the fixing screws are fitted.

Picasso , you`re a genius ;) I`m going to save the link

Sponsored Links
Thanks it now all makes sense as to why it should have failed. There is a recess which would have taken ring and had it been in place then even if bayonet had undone it could not disassemble.

Tried to buy something went wrong so will phone them Monday.

I blame my daughter who was continually cleaning up when it was being fitted and has likely cleaned up the ring.

However three plumbers who came the first time to work on shower after it leaked first time all missed it.

Oh dear it's happened again. The washer 14 did not come in kit so I used small amount of sealant to ensure it could not move and disengage it's self. However only lasted just over a year.

Ordered new one under £6 so may as well but any ideas of what can be used to stop this fault?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back