Siemans Extrakiassexlm 1200 not spinnig

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just put a load of washing in the above a nothing seems to be happening all you can hear is a faint clicking sound and the drum does not move. Now the question is is it an easy fix as the machine is about 5-6 years old or should we buy a new one. Any help advice would be great.

thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Check the drive belt is intact & then take a look at the motor brushes for excessive wear. Either could give these symptoms. There are plenty of posts/links on the forum about changing worn motor brushes.

Hi

Thanks for that belt was ok but brushes are only about 6mm long and one is a little shiny but the other one is quite dull.Anyone around Dereham norfolk sell me a set today or know where i can get some tomorrow.

Also while i have got it apart is there anything else i can check as we have had problems with a grey coloured sludge appearing all over the clothes this happens then its alright for a while then it will do it again.

Thanks
Mike

Most domestic appliance workshops stock & sell carbon brushes. Or you can buy them online http://www.espares.co.uk/parts/washing-machines/carbon-brushes/bosch/p/1554/856 Be sure to quote the machine E-number on the door sticker when ordering parts. To get rid of the grey "sludge" run the washer at the highest temp (without clothes) & add a pint of white vinegar. You may need to do this several times. Clean the door bellow & particularly the fold in it with hot water & a little chlorine. Avoid using low temp washes & run a maintenance wash at 90C once a month (with white vinegar).

Sponsored Links
Thank You Zipper for your help and info machine is now running fine again after fitting new brushes.

Mike.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back