Siemens(Bosch) Dishwasher Lower Arm not moving Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im really hoping someone will see this! I think my dishwasher's 'instantaneous water heater' assembly needs replacing. Megabucks at £90+ but we are hoping to do it ourselves.

Lower arm not turning. Checked for blockages within the arm. A few lemon pips. Removed. All clear. Arm still dead. Took out the arm and worked my way down to the impeller. That is all clear and looks good. Upper arm turning well.

Can anyone give me a really quick run through of how to access this ridiculous 'instantaneous water heater' assembly in the machine please? Is it thorugh the front bottom (the dishwasher is a semiintegrated stainless steel. Why is it that whenever I need a part it comes as part of something a lot larger and a lot more expensive?? New machine would be £5/600 so reckon it's worth pulling this one apart to try and fix it first. Soz if I appear irritated. Thought I had fixed it when I cleaned out the arm only to find on more Googling that it's going to be a lot more expensive (just hoping not in the £500 area)

E NUMBER - SE55A561GB/35

Wondering if ZIPPER is out there as you really know what you are doing! Any advice would be really appreciated. Christmas and I am not looking forward to all those dishes.... I have looked everywhere on web to find instructions on how to do this but haven't come up with anything.

~It's the lower arm that isn't turning on mine (Siemens aka Bosch)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back