siemens SE65E330GB/35 Dishwasher Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Noticed a week ago, some small amounts of water coming through floor tiles. After using dishwasher last night, there was a little more today. When I removed the kick panel, there was a small puddle under the dishwasher. Checked everything locally and the hose to dishwasher and nothing appears to be leaking.

So the presumption is, that its the dishwasher. I have isolated the supply to DW and after drying up several times, it now appears to have stopped.

I presume it is related to the presssure of the water.

Before I spend, is there a common problem that people may be aware of, that I can check first. I have never stripped a dishwasher, but am more than confident.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Regards

dave

Sponsored Links
Was the "small puddle" under the front of the machine? Providing your pipework is in order it could be a leaking door seal (either the flap seal under the door or the inverted U seal in the door lip). As this is an integrated model test way to find a leak is to pull the machine out, remove the side panels, door fascia, outer door, & lower cover. Then run a cycle & observe for leaks.

Problem Solved about 2 hours ago

Was cleaning out in preparation for an engineer to call on Monday and when brushing under pipes with small brush, I got a squirt in the face. The hot and cold copper pipes behind dishwasher had been touching and obviously rubbing. Over the years a pinhole has appeared in the cold pipe. It was miniscule but when the pipes touched, it stopped. Obviously when dishwasher was on, then the heat and movement caused it to leak.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back