SIEMENS SIWAMAT PLUS 5401 WASHER/DRYER - FAILS TO SPIN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice appreciated. Machine failed to complete wash cycle. So tried to put onto spin cycle before unloading and investigating. Would not start spin cycle. Heard what I think is drainage pumps kicking in, but drum does not rotate. Fault indicator lights are high water level (i.e. what looks like a full bath) and flashing red light below two droplets (i.e what I think would normally indicate the mid point of rinse cycle). About to look inside. Hopefully its only the belt. Machine is 20 years old. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Been inside machine. Belt is okay and motor rotates freely. Hope this helps diagnosis ........

Not worked on one of these for a long while so cant remember much about them. The last one though had a thermal fuse in the motor blow. I linked it out to test it.

Sponsored Links
Brushes in motor had worn out. A simple fix done by local outfit. Hopefully machine will run for another 18 years!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back