Siemens Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi all,

I had our heating system zoned last year, even though our house was a new build the finish was poor enough and didn't include zoned heating. The system I had put in was straight forward enough and included two, two wire thermostats (from Siemens), one for the upstairs zone and one for downstairs zone.

After a year of use I am not that happy with them. I can often find the heating firing and the downstairs/upstairs zones open when electronic thermometers are indicting that we are well above the threshold at which the heating should cut out. Similarly the room can be cooling ... and below the threshold and it will take a while for the heating to kick in. In short, the thermostat's reaction appears to lag well behind the room temperature.

I was considering replacing these simple mechanical thermostats, with a battery operated ones from Heatmiser. Ones that will show the room temperature etc. I was looking for feedback on how likely to be successful in achieving better temperature control this would be?

Ray K

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back