Signs of the Rwanda threat working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like a slightly different scheme. I think he went voluntarily.

Sponsored Links
If the Conservatives actually cared about sorting out the problem, you gotta ask your self why the number of people being removed and returned has dropped 80% during the last 14 years compared to pre Isis administrations

The government only manage the civil servants...

Clearly they didn't order them to be horrendously slow and inefficient...

They may, for instance, have slashed the number of case officers. (I'm just guessing here)

That sounds like a slightly different scheme. I think he went voluntarily.
He was given 3k and free lodging in one of those brand new b&b hostels for the next 5 years. Why wouldn't he go?
If that's the new deal for all these failed asylum seekers i don't see why it wouldn't prevent more of 'em trying their luck. It sounds better than getting into the UK where a scuzzy doss in a mould ridden hovel awaits on minimum benefits and a minimum wage delivery job is their best shot.

Sponsored Links

That's how Notch thinks.

Rishi should be at each hospital checking that the cleaners to the doctors are doing the job they are paid to to do.

When you read this story it’s really sad. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68930088

But you can’t help thinking why would he think he’d have a chance in the U.K. after pretty much settling in other safe countries.

The U.K. government might consider providing advice to people on their cnances before they attempt such deadly crossings.

When you read this story it’s really sad. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68930088

But you can’t help thinking why would he think he’d have a chance in the U.K. after pretty much settling in other safe countries.

The U.K. government might consider providing advice to people on their cnances before they attempt such deadly crossings.

I couldn't read anymore, got choked up.
Poor man. I do feel for them both they must have been terrified.

If the Conservatives actually cared about sorting out the problem, you gotta ask your self why the number of people being removed and returned has dropped 80% during the last 14 years compared to pre Isis administrations
What’s the numbers, not the percentages? 2% of 100 is more than 99% of 2 in case you didn’t know. Oh and you still haven’t answered my question I asked you the other day as to whether you think asylum seekers should stop when they reach the UK or carry on to yet another safe country. Are you avoiding answering?

I couldn't read anymore, got choked up.
Poor man. I do feel for them both they must have been terrified.
I heard it on the radio this morning. I couldn't think of anything worse that could happen to a parent.

It's no good you banging on about people leaving such questions unanswered when you choose to swerve as it suits you.

A bit of reading up on the CTA, suggests there is no specific treaty, but rights enacted in domestic law allowing people to travel between NI and ROI without ID. The right extends only to British and Irish citizens, though one assumes ROI must extend this to EU citizens to comply with EU rules. However, there are some news reports that ROI Police board cross border busses and demand ID, which campaign groups argue may be unlawful.

All the illegal immigrant need do at that point is request asylum, or get off at the bus stop earlier and walk.

I can't imagine an illegal immigrant is going to be deterred by being removed from a bus and put on the next bus back to NI.

There must be lots of places people can easily cross. of course if you are Nigerian, I imagine you stand out a bit on a bus in rural Ireland and the CTA does not apply to non-UK/RIO nationals.

Last edited:
Maybe start with the most burning one, to avoid being accused of swerving yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back