Signs of the Rwanda threat working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I think making the UK less attractive to illegal economic migrants is a good start.
- refusing to allow people to make asylum claims who enter via dangerous routes
- prosecuting traffickers and those who drive the boat
- deporting people who come to somewhere they don't want to go

I would like Government Immigration lawyers to turn up to deportation hearings so they don't lose by default. But it would be even better if the tax payer wasn't for example paying to defend a student visa over stayer who couldn't be deported until she had completed her free NHS treatment for mental health issues caused by the trauma of being sent back to a safe country.

But so far I think they are heading in the right direction.

It will be interesting to see how ROIs push back comes in force. Apparently 100 police are being redeployed to stop them coming.

Last year greek coastguard pushed back 26,000. I bet Ireland would be the first to complain if the UK did this to France.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Its got to be one of the hardest places for any illegal immigrant in the civilised world to claim asylum - Just over 300 successfully last year and only around 200 the previous year.
I'm surprised so many get in, tbh - Gaijin are always considered outsiders in Japanese culture, regardless how good their command of the language is. It's a long walk from Africa, so seeing one must be a shock.

They are under UK law.

They are migrants as soon as they pass through the first safe country Especially when they have lived in Europe for many years already.

But it would be even better if the tax payer wasn't for example paying to defend a student visa over stayer who couldn't be deported until she had completed her free NHS treatment for mental health issues caused by the trauma of being sent back to a safe country.
its very odd how you are upset by that but not at all bothered by Michelle Mone pocketing £200m

They are under UK law.

They are migrants as soon as they pass through the first safe country Especially when they have lived in Europe for many years already.
Send them back then. We have got our borders under control havent we?

Or is not quite as simple as you want it to be.

I don't have aproblem with returning people. I do have a problem with how poor we are at processing and acting. Almost as if if we are not really trying. Now, who would you blame for that?

Carmen rather than sound off why don't you describe a suitable system. My post was factually correct but you seem to want more? So go on lets see you deliver a system with out trying to blame a political party of course..

Carmen rather than sound off why don't you describe a suitable system. My post was factually correct but you seem to want more? So go on lets see you deliver a system with out trying to blame a political party of course..
U.K. used to return around 15,000 people who had no right to be in this country

But since current Conservative govt that figure has been more like 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back