Silent extractor fan...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone recommend an extractor fan that's very quiet? They all seem to make quite a racket!

Sponsored Links
Have alook at the Icon Airflowlow; low db & diffrent flow ratings, it also has a natty automatic iris shutter that keeps out the draughts when not in use. I have 3 fitted in our house, bathrooms & a utility; you can either wire them as supplied (just switched) or fit different, click in modules, timer, pull cord, humidity etc.

Sponsored Links
Hi y'all.

I found this recently, its a new product, comes well recommended.

At 26.5 dB(A) and with rubber motor mounts its the quietest bathroom fan so far.

26db at 3m?

Are many bathrooms that wide?

I thought db at 1m was a typical measure, so make sure that you are comparing like-for-like

Edit

Yeah, yeah I know .... the OP has probably fitted it by now :rolleyes:

Hi,
No actually, the industry standard is at 3 meters, though some state at 1 meters..

In-line fan in loft suspended from springs [to minimise vibration] works well, have two above my shower room.

Hi foxhole,
Your idea sounds good, I have an inline extractor fan which I find a bit noisy (maybe should have gone for 10cm rather than 12.5...) Would be grateful for any tips on which springs to buy and how to suspend the fan. The seller also suggested wrapping in loft insulation to keep the noise down but I was worries this might make it overheat.

Cheers,
Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back