sime format c 28kw combi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Please can anyone advise me how to procede with the following fault I have with my boiler:

No power, internal fuse (located in PCB) replaced. Boiler immediately fired (no call for heat or hot water) and started banging, went 80+ degrees and into lock out. Turned on and off boiler refired and checked power to pump from PCB - no power detected.

Spoke to someone who repairs PCBs who advised that probably pump failed and caused PCB to fail. And I will need to put 230v straight to pump to check it (which I will do tomorrow) to confirm.

Does anyone have any other ideas? should I spend cash on a new pump and PCB repair (which I probably attempt myself!) or should I cut my losses and fit a new boiler?

Thanks

Dan

Sponsored Links
most likly just replace pcb if lighting with no demand, prob a short circuit somewhere, lightly brush pcb with lint free brush in case of small fillings causing a bridge. instead of replacing whole pump for 100 to 150 just try replacing the pump capacitor for 10 at most or if can get one out of old pump they all same. make sure power supplied to boiler has 3 amp fuse. anything higher can blow pcb.

Just because the pump does not run, does not mean the PCB is duff. By all means replace the PCB and then possibly wait to be disappointed when new PCB still fails to run the pump.

Do it right. Diagnose the defect. Look at the operate sequence chart and look for possible fault. Have been to many malfunctions where people have replaced PCBs but fault was elsewhere.

PCB replacement seems to be a hobby for some. Am not for a moment suggesting PCBs do not fail, it is just that these items are replaced randomly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back