Sime Planet Super 4.W.M linking to remote controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I moved into a new house a few months ago. Now its starting to get a little colder i'm trying to get the central heating working for the first time and its proving a little more difficult than I was expecting.

I have a Sime Planet Super 4.W.M (http://doc.sime.it/SimeWSPortale/viewFile?documentId=%7BB3E06815-F7F9-45CC-9DE2-AFD940006160%7D&userName=navguest&lingua=gb)

The wireless controler is a Siemens Nav12. (http://www.bhl.co.uk/product/SIE_REV_12_PROGRAMMABLE_ROOM_STAT).

The hot water works fine and I can get the radiators on using the basic controls on the boiler. However there is no temp or timer controls on the boiler which is obviously not ideal.

Page 8 of the boiler manual, linked above, explains to link the boiler and the control I should move the dial on the boiler to the remote control icon. When I do this two things happen. First the red led indicating a temperature goes to 45 degrees. It stays there for about 30 seconds and then moves to 75 degree and starts flashing. The boiler does not fire up.

Page 6 of the same manual does describe this 'fault'. It says
"When one of the leds is flashing from
“40÷ 80°C”, deactivate the boiler and
try to start it again. The operation may
be repeated 2 or 3 times, and if there is
no success call the authorised technical
staff for assistance."

Now I cant find any guidance on exactly how to 'deactivate' it, I have assumed it means switch the dial to 'Off' and then turn off the power at the wall socket. I have done this a number of times as suggested but to no avail.

It is probably worth highlighting that the remote control unit described in the manual is different to the one I am using (as described above). However im told this was the unit supplied with the boiler when it was installed 6 years ago. Also i was told the remote unit worked by the previous owners of the house when I moved in.

Im hoping im doing something stupid which somebody can quickly point out to me! This is my first house and im very much a beginner when it comes to boilers!

Thanks for reading, I hope somebody has some ideas. If you need any more detail please just ask. I can take some photos of what is happening if it helps.

Cheers,
Scott.[/i]

Sponsored Links
Nobody has any ideas?

I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me out?

Thanks
Scott

I was wondering how a "new" house could have an old boiler like that in it!

These are not popular boilers and you will probably need to call Sime. You might even need to ask for Terry Corfield (?) as he seems to be their expert.

You might also try to find a boiler engineer but few will be willing to get involved with that model.

I look after one but thats mainly because I am a little sorry for the owner who has had some major health issues. Its not helping that its installed in a totally impossible location turned sideways and under the worksurface.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back