Sime Super 90 no gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

first post - apologies in advance. I've got a Sime Super 90 Plus boiler fitted in my house which I have lived in for 22 months, and has been quite realiable (new diverter valve last year) up until now.

Just over a week ago now it stopped lighting when turned on/damand made. Initially my plumber thought it was the gas valve solenoid that had died, so a replacement was sourced. Today upon trying it there was still no joy.

Gas supply to boiler OK, ignition clicking and sparking away merrily, fan and pump both running fine.

Reckoned to be one of two options - either the ignition sequence board or PCB.

Has anyone had any experience of this kind of fault? I know this boiler is fairly obsolete now, but was hoping I could get it through one more winter...

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Dom

Sponsored Links
Hi,

first post - apologies in advance. I've got a Sime Super 90 Plus boiler fitted in my house which I have lived in for 22 months, and has been quite realiable (new diverter valve last year) up until now.

Just over a week ago now it stopped lighting when turned on/damand made. Initially my plumber thought it was the gas valve solenoid that had died, so a replacement was sourced. Today upon trying it there was still no joy.

Gas supply to boiler OK, ignition clicking and sparking away merrily, fan and pump both running fine.

Reckoned to be one of two options - either the ignition sequence board or PCB.

Has anyone had any experience of this kind of fault? I know this boiler is fairly obsolete now, but was hoping I could get it through one more winter...

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Dom
So your gas man replaced only the solenoid and not the whole valve?...Was the valve receiving correct voltage?does valve only have 1 solenoid? I think it maybe does.You need a new gas engr.

Last edited by a moderator:
So your gas man replaced only the solenoid and not the whole valve?...Was the valve receiving correct voltage?does valve only have 1 solenoid? I think it maybe does.You need a new gas engr.
Initially, yes. However, once that didn't work the entire valve was replaced. Yes, correct voltage and only one solenoid

Initially, yes. However, once that didn't work the entire valve was replaced. Yes, correct voltage and only one solenoid
Cannot understand why your engr is not sorting it...Not rocket science

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back