Simple Q Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just double checking please - I have bought a pool heat pump and my electrics are good old live, neutral & earth.

On the attached diagram, I should be connecting live to 'L ' & to '1' in parallel & also neutral to 'N' & '2' (& obviously earth to earth)

There is nothign more I need to know is there please?

Thanks in advance
Bob

View media item 19317

Sponsored Links
What electrical load will the unit use- a quick google suggests items come in various sizes from 6kw-35kw :eek:

Where is the power coming from ?

How far from the main fuse board is the cable run and what size / type of cable provides the feed ? Is it surface or ducted ?

There's rules regarding swimming pool electrics / Part P and BS7671:2008 do you intend to DIY (dangerous and potentially fatal) or intend to get a pro in to do the work to regs and cert the job ?

What sized pool do you have and where will the pump be located ?

Looking at your diagram, the connections for live, neutral and earth are straightforward. It does say that pins 1 and 2 are the output for a pump. I wouldn't think that you should connect the live and neutral in parallel to this. I'd have thought that this was to supply another pump somewhere.

On the attached diagram, I should be connecting live to 'L ' & to '1' in parallel & also neutral to 'N' & '2' (& obviously earth to earth)

There is nothign more I need to know is there please?
All you need to know is that you must get an electrician.

The diagram does not tell you to connect the supply as you have stated, and if you are so incompetent that you think it does then there is no way you should be doing the work.

Sponsored Links
What electrical load will the unit use- a quick google suggests items come in various sizes from 6kw-35kw :eek:

That's the heating output. The maximum electrical load is about 1/5 of that - eg the THP12 has a heating output of 12kW and max power draw of 2.4kW.

Sounds like you need an external pump, maybe the unit only does the heating, not pumping as well?

I really wouldn't connect L & N to pins 1 & 2 on the connector!

Thanks all for the replies - I did consult an electrican to be sure and joinerjohn you are pretty much spot on !

I do think phrases like 'if you are so incompetant' are not exactly helpful though :) for anyone

You are unable to understand a simple wiring diagram.

It's hard to see how that makes you competent to do the work.

I did consult an electrican to be sure and joinerjohn you are pretty much spot on !
So even after joinerjohn spelled out what the diagram had already told you, you still didn't get it.

But you do still think you are competent.

Oh well.

"The diagram does not tell you to connect the supply as you have stated, and if you are so incompetent that you think it does then there is no way you should be doing the work" is a pure statement of fact in a neutral tone.

It contains not one word of abuse or insult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back