Simple solution turn timer off! Valliant ecotec pro 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody new to this place, thought its best place to ask. Don't have a manual for this boiler, looked online for instructions but nothing relating to the timer on it.

I just want to turn it off so it stops making the ticking sound. We never use the timer at home, quite neighbour and that ticking sound constantly at night sounds like we have a clock in the room when we don't.

Tried spinning the wheel etc, but still ticking.

Simple problem really if know if I can stop the ticking :LOL:

Anybody?

Sponsored Links
Is it the Timeswitch 130? The clock will continue to tick unless you switch the whole boiler off or remove the Timeswitch completely!

Is it the Timeswitch 130? The clock will continue to tick unless you switch the whole boiler off or remove the Timeswitch completely!

Hey David my fellow Leicestorian :) I dno what it is? How do I check?

Sponsored Links
This one:

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/vaillant-timeswitch-130-306759/

Unless you have a different one mounted elsewhere, apart from getting rid of it or turning the boiler off at night from the main switch you could replace it for a digital type.

Yes David I reckon it is that crap! What is it meant to do! I blame my wife! I told her to put the boiler in the kitchen but she wanted extra draws etc in there...soo stupid! :cry: Hmm dno about getting rid of it :eek:

This one:

Unless you have a different one mounted elsewhere, apart from getting rid of it or turning the boiler off at night from the main switch you could replace it for a digital type.

Yes David I reckon it is that crap! What is it meant to do! I blame my wife! I told her to put the boiler in the kitchen but she wanted extra draws etc in there...soo stupid! :cry: Hmm dno about getting rid of it :eek:

It is so you can time your heating e.g. to come on in the morning and evening automatically :)

How do you turn the heating on and off at the moment?

This one:

It is so you can time your heating e.g. to come on in the morning and evening automatically :)

Got a thermostat located downstairs, when it gets cold I just put it over the 20 mark?

This one:

Got a thermostat located downstairs, when it gets cold I just put it over the 20 mark?

Fair enough, the Timeswitch is there so you can simply set the times which you require heating and set the dial on it to the clock symbol for it to follow the time programme. But it will still click!

You could get it replaced for a programmable stat which will replace the thermostat too - this allows you set different times and temperatures for the heating throughout the day e.g.

0630 - 0800 @ 21ºc
1230 - 1500 @ 19ºc
1700 - 2330 @ 22ºc

...and so on.

This one:

Fair enough, the Timeswitch is there so you can simply set the times which you require heating and set the dial on it to the clock symbol for it to follow the time programme. But it will still click!

You could get it replaced for a programmable stat which will replace the thermostat too - this allows you set different times and temperatures for the heating throughout the day e.g.

0630 - 0800 @ 21ºc
1230 - 1500 @ 19ºc
1700 - 2330 @ 22ºc

...and so on.

Hmmm yeh could do that! Although this sounds long winded? Just a shame, something that is not in use, keeps bugging me..dno why can't just stop it as it's not being used? What if I break it :evil: , It will prob keep ticking internally right? loll

Would be easier to replace it with this: http://www.supremeplumb.com/cgi-bin...op/Boiler_Accessories/Vaillant.txt&item=00037

The 130 will simply unplug from the main fascia and then you can plug the above mentioned device in and set it to constant and control the heating from the thermostat like how you do now, it won't have a ticking noise as it is digital.

David I am a complete idiot when it comes to things like this! :( I just know something wrong will come out of it! I just take the timer switch I have got atm out, it doesn't seem that easy :confused:

You have to take of the casing for it to come off easily, there is a large screw under the boiler towards the front which secures the casing and two clips which have to be pushed in as you remove the casing, have a look underneath and you should hopefully see what I mean.

You have to take of the casing for it to come off easily, there is a large screw under the boiler towards the front which secures the casing and two clips which have to be pushed in as you remove the casing, have a look underneath and you should hopefully see what I mean.

Sounds easy..Yes I will do tomorrow evening! Can't I just take it out and not have anything put in it's place :oops:

I will leave that question to someone else as I am not sure your thermostat will work.

I will leave that question to someone else as I am not sure your thermostat will work.

Maybe I should stop being a baby...their are more important things to worry about in life...but hey I'm a perfectionist! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back