SIMPLE YES NO QUESTION

Sponsored Links
I´m i right it changed from 240 V to 230 V about 11 years ago

the declared voltage is 230V with +10%-6% as the 'tolerances'

but its still 240V what we get really, as i understand it the declared value changed but no measures were actually taken to knock it down to 230V.

11 years is before my time but i thought the 'change' was more like 5 years ago. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Quote from a website:

European Voltage Harmonisation

The United Kingdom for many years had a standardised supply voltage of 240V ±6% (415V for three-phase) whereas continental Europe had a nominal supply level of 220V (380V). From 1 January 1995 the nominal voltage across Europe has been 'harmonised' at 230V/400V.

12 years, then!!

At that time, some people were getting worried whether their appliances would misbehave, when their supply voltage suddenly dropped by ten volts, at the stroke of midnight! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Just like some folk stocked up with 20 years supply of tinned food by 31/12/99 just in case the universe was scoffed by a large furry Y2K bug!!

"Mark my words," I heard a nutter on the news announce, "there will be planes falling out of the sky!"

kai said:
At that time, some people were getting worried whether their appliances would misbehave, when their supply voltage suddenly dropped by ten volts, at the stroke of midnight! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
and more so the electricity suppliers got worried that the decreased voltage would mean less power was been pulled so everyone's bills would drop overnight!

i seem to remember reading the average measured voltage is 238VAC, but it does vary and depend how close to the substation you live.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back