single lever shower mixer ID/repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, hope i have posted in correct forum.
have a single lever mixer for the shower. there is no mark of the manufacturer on it.
the problem is that there is a plastic square arm in the centre that controls the flow/temp of water.
this plastic square part also attaches to the external arm that controls it.
(i hope this makes sense)
unfortunately the plastic is now warn and distorted.
i presume that i will have to replace the valve.
can i please ask for ANY advice that you have have re. access/
mixer.jpg
replacement/repair.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
I would think that the chrome bezel needs to be carefully prised off with a screwdriver (or possibly might unscrew) and the nut for removing the valve will be underneath. Do you know what make it is or can you take a pic of the lever in position?

Thanks. I was hoping a pic of the lever would give a clue to what make it is but there are many similar out there. I still think the bezel would need to come off and the retaining rings are underneath.

You could ty uploading your pics to showerdoctor.com who are very helpful and will try to identify your shower and might to be able to supply parts

http://www.showerdoc.com/

Sponsored Links
many thanks for your reply.
the bezel did come off by gentle prying with screwdriver.
removing a 30mm(approx) hex ring revealed a 40mm ceramic disc cartridge .
available for about 7-10 pounds.
thanks again for helping with issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back