single piped system???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have resently taken ownership of a new property with tenants living in already i wish to have a combi fitted to the property but after speaking at length to a sales guy he asked if i had a single piped system i said i didnt know. After researching for quite a while on line i am still trying to find a easy way to identify this. Can you help?
P.S. I am unable to see the pipework under the rads due to it all being run under the flooring.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Never talk to sales sharks, they only know whats in the script, including a large dose of bullshit.

Find an heating guy to quote for the work.

Radiators heat up in turn, plain elbow connection onto one side of the rad instead of a valve, one pipe going upstairs in one corner of the room and reappearing at the other side.

Tell tale signs.

Also most of the single pipe systems i see i wouldnt dream of pressurising so not really as clear cut imo.

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys. Hansthebear ive been round to check and both sides have shield valves on is there any way to work it out in the loft where the header tanks are? Due the the pipes you mention must be located inside the dot and dab walls.

what size are the pipes feeding the rads.

Do they drop down to each rad from above.

15mm copper. I cannot all pipework runs either in wall or under floor. They do come down from abovr somewhere without putting holes in the walls or lifting floors i cant tell you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back