Single Push Button Cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! Can anyone help with a push button problem. Have searched other topics but most seem to deal with a dual button system. Mine has only one button on top of cistern which has suddenly remained depressed into lid and toilet will not flush. The outer ring seems to have raised slightly also.

Next problem is how to get the lid off with the button stuck down. Does the outer ring screw off? Didn't want to just barge in heavy-handed! I presume that the button system somehow holds down the lid? Unfortunately I don't know the manufacturer or name of suite but it's only 3 years old.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm a full time Mum and money is tight!

Sponsored Links
Some cistern lids are indeed held in place with the flush button.....unscrewing it disengages the button from the flush mechanism.

John :)

Thats the way to do it.....don't force anything!
Plan B - you can always flush the loo with a bucket in the interim, if there's a problem.
Be lucky!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Hi John,
Got lid off-thanks!
Tried pressing the little rod which the button would normally press down and pull the flush lever up but there doesn't seem to be a proper connection at the back where the rod attaches to the lever. Can't see anything obvious lying at the bottom of cistern or inside button casing. Any ideas please.
Cheers.
Lesley

Hi John,
Just fixed the problem! On a real high!
Looked at the mechanism for a few minutes and noticed that the little metal loop had slipped off the hook and under the lever hence the lack of connection between button and flush. Slipped the link back to top of lever and the flush is working perfectly!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back