Single recess and double sockets / converters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm replacing the sockets a property but the existing sockets are double sockets which have been fitted onto a single wall recess, similar to: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SINGLE-DO...al_Electrical_Fittings_MJ&hash=item33662a7138

I want the new socket to be double sockets in chrome, but can't find them in these type of converters (just white) and also don't want the hassle of fixing a double socket into the wall recess.

Can anyone help with single to double socket converters in chrome?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
the only thing I can suggest is

http://tinyurl.com/6odyc84

then you are free to use whatever socket you want, but really, your spending money on nice chrome sockets, and want them surface mounted, even the converta sockets etc are not exactly slim.

Presumably you are decorating, so chopping the holes a bit bigger isn't really that hard.

Never seen any in any other colour than white - even then they look ugly and stick out a fair bit.

Do the job properly and and put a double backbox in and a proper chrome double socket.

Not sure you should be messing about with electrics if you cannot connect you ikea lights up.

Do the job properly
He doesn't believe in that.

Not sure you should be messing about with electrics if you cannot connect you ikea lights up.
Nor does he see why ignorance, incompetence and a complete lack of interest in doing things properly should be a reason not to do them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back