Single vs double storey building costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As just ball park figures people often talk about £1200/m2 building cost in London and this should include straightforward plumbing, upvc windows, wiring etc

I presume this figure refers to a single storey construction? If so when you go double storey the cost obviously can't double.

So as a ballpark figure if the cost of single storey is £1200/m2 then what should the cost be of double storey?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
It's not quite as simple as that though. The higher you build (in storeys) the higher your costs in m² will grow exponentially. Just as a rough guide as I'm pushed for time..................

Did you pay for the same day, or next day service?

The m2 rate it's only a guess at best, so it's the same for the first floor

Sponsored Links
Woody it is a very general question. I'm not asking for ideas what my job should cost. What I'm trying to get at is a general idea that is if on a particular job to do a single storey with pitched roof costs £x if you then go double storey does the cost become £2x?

I thought there maybe savings there ie the foundations are already dug etc

However I understand the question might be too vague or lacking detail to give a meaningful answer to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back