sink bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what does regulation say about kitchen sink bonding.If two rubber flexi pipes are used do you still need to cross bond it.metal contact is broken here.

Sponsored Links
There is no specific requiremement to supplymentary bond any items in a kitchen......If you had a shower or bath in the kitchen, that would be a different matter :LOL:

Lectrician said:
There is no specific requiremement to supplymentary bond any items in a kitchen......If you had a shower or bath in the kitchen, that would be a different matter :LOL:
Many thanks for quick answer.Can you please also through some light on bonding question a bit further.I have put this question on forum before but did not get decent answer but the usuall abuse.Earth bonding arrangements in my house are as follows,
from main earth connecter block one cable is connected to YEB service supply cable sheath.second is connected to CU.Third is connected mains GAS supply after meter in celler.Fourth was connected to mains water pipe.Now mains water pipe is changed into plastic,this cable is not connected to anything at the moment.Can i connect this cable to cold water pipe anywhere under floor boards.New boiler in kitchen is cross bonded and also all metal pipes in bath including central heating.

The copper pipework of the incoming water rising main should be bonded as close as possible to the pipe after it enters the property which is generall immediately after the main isolation stopcock (don't connect the bonding to the plastic :LOL: )

10mm cable generally okay.

Sponsored Links
megawatt said:
The copper pipework of the incoming water rising main should be bonded as close as possible to the pipe after it enters the property which is generall immediately after the main isolation stopcock (don't connect the bonding to the plastic :LOL: )

10mm cable generally okay.
Mains rising water pipe from street to where it enters the property is plastic.copper pipe starts after main isolation stopcock in the property.Did you mean that i connect main bonding cable to copper pipe after main isolation stopcock.

Please don't read this as abuse, but I can't believe you've rewired a number of houses and yet you don't own even a copy of the On-Site Guide.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back