Sink draining issues - bit confusing.

Mike - I suspect it is because if not there would be flooding everywhere outside with the water seeping out of the manhole cover. Will check it again tomorrow morning in the light but I'd be surprised if that were the problem.

Sponsored Links
Could be a large sump that will hold a fair bit of water. If the pumps okay I would look at the end that discharges into the sump. There may be a check valve in there as well to stop backflow, if there is check that it is not jammed.

Mike

Seco/Mike you were right of course - seems there is a blockage at the end of the flexible waste pipe (or perhaps a little further down into the main discharge pipe round the kitchen leading outside). Couldn't find a hose but poured a 1 1/2 litre bottle of water down it and it starting backing up.

I could perhaps replace the flexible waste pipe? Or I have some One Shot Instant Drain Cleaner which I could use. Is it safe to pour this slowly directly into the flexible waste pipe, or perhaps take the pipe out and pour directly into the discharge pipe below it?

Sponsored Links
I can try but I can only get as far as the flexible waste pipe as the pipework then disappears out of range. I'll try that and see what happens.

or go to wickes and buy a drain snake for under a £10

3mdraincleaner.jpg

Think the snake might be the way forward. The flexible pipe is clear, so the blockage is further on. As you can see from the picture, I can't really access it. Presumably pouring the cleaner directly into the pipe at the bottom won't work, and the snake is by far the better option?

is that your w/m drain hose i can see clipped to the bottom of the waste ?
surprised-004.gif

its to low
and i would say thats not helping the blockage

w/m as in washing machine? There's no washing machine in the kitchen, only the dishwasher. You mean the black pipe you can just see coming out of the floor?

no i mean the flexi waste hose connected to the white connetor then on the black waste pipe.

can't follow the flexi pipe but seems to disappear under the dishwasher so I suspect it's from there, yes.

ok, well I ran a snake down (I could only get hold of a 1.8m, pretty thin one from Wickes) and it went through comfortably so the blockage must be further on where I can't get to it. I'll have to get someone out.

Thanks for all the help though, much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back