Sink pedestal..

Sponsored Links
Gentlemen please. With the greatest of respect, this is starting to sound like a GD topic. Can we keep these boards civil please?

For my part, Foxhole, i may not have made myself completely clear. I did use the supplied brackets, but they flex a small amount, and they're right at the bottom of the porcelain, so the smallest pressure on the front edge of the sink shows a gap at the wall line.

I've had to support the front edge with a timber batten to stop my youngsters from pulling it off the wall. But i now seek a more permanent solution, i.e. a pedestal, and i figure as long as i get my profile pretty close, and seal the gap, then timber should do the job.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Gentlemen please. With the greatest of respect, this is starting to sound like a GD topic. Can we keep these boards civil please?

For my part, Foxhole, i may not have made myself completely clear. I did use the supplied brackets, but they flex a small amount, and they're right at the bottom of the porcelain, so the smallest pressure on the front edge of the sink shows a gap at the wall line.

I've had to support the front edge with a timber batten to stop my youngsters from pulling it off the wall. But i now seek a more permanent solution, i.e. a pedestal, and i figure as long as i get my profile pretty close, and seal the gap, then timber should do the job.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

That's better, info missing from your original post.
If the sink sags then either the brackets were incorrectly fitted or the sink is designed to be held on a porcelain pedestal. Wall mounted sinks require more than brackets to sit on they also need to be bolted to the wall.
If there are no bolt holes then you have to use a pedestal, if not replace the sink as you don't have one suited to your needs.

Sponsored Links
Maybe i should revisit my question...

There's this unknown, small sink.... how would you approach putting in some sort of pedestal?
If the bottom of the sink is flat, then it's (probably) designed to be mounted on a pedestal. A pedestal is basically either a rectangular box, or a frame work which if covered with sheet material would be a box. Either could be just screwed together

If the sink has a bowl-shaped underside it's a lot more awkward to produce a pedestal to support it as you need to scribe round three sides. But I've been there before.... :rolleyes:

If you could post a photo it might help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back