Sink & Tap replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Currently thinking of taking on a kitchen sink basin and tap replacement although have no plumbing experience whatsoever so not sure if it's such a good idea.

Dimensions of my current sink are 945mm x 500mm and can't see anything around thst size other than 1000mm x 500mm so guessing there could also be a bit of cutting involved.

Would you recommend a plumbing newbie giving this a go or am I just better calling in the pros?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Look inside & up inside the cabinet where you may work out the size of the existing cut out.

Sponsored Links
1. The plumbing side of it isn't very complicated.
2. If you take 8 mm off each side of the existing sink, you won't be far off in terms of cut out. I.e for a 945 x 500 assume cut out is 920 x 484.
3. You can always make the cut out bigger to suit the new sink. Making it smaller is more problematical!
4. Watch out for sinks with large radius corners. If the radius is big enough, and the cut out is rectangular, you can get gaps at the corners.
5. Don't attempt it if you haven't got a decent jigsaw, unless you can take the work top out and use a router.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back